Cosmos is the Greek word for Harmony or ordered universe. Cosmos is native to scrub and meadow where you can mostly find in Mexico, Florida and the Southern United States, Arizona, Central America and to South America in the north to Paraguay in the south.
They can grow up to 0.3–2 m tall and color varies between different species.
Cosmos are also a pest free plant which helps keep bugs at a minimum in gardens, they grow well in dry, hot climates like Texas.
Some Species of Cosmos:
- Cosmos atrosanguineus (Hook) - Chocolate Cosmos
- Cosmos bipinnatus (Cav) - Garden Cosmos
- Cosmos Caudatus (Kunth) - Ulam Raja
- Cosmos Parviflorus (Jacq.) Pers. - Southwestern Cosmos
- Cosmos Scabiosoides (Kunth)
- Cosmos Sulphureuss (Cav.) - Sulphur Cosmos
Fun and interesting fact: The Cosmos got its name from the Spanish priests grew the Cosmos in their gardens in Mexico. The evenly placed petals led them to christen the flower with the name it is now known by.
Join us on facebook for exclusive deals and prizes!
My Life is beautiful