Easter eggs or Spring Eggs are special eggs painted in different colors, real eggs(hard boiled) are often used for kids painting activities while Artificial eggs are ones filled with goodies like jelly beans or toys , These are often given to celebrate Easter or Springtime.
According to Wikipedia.com The egg is a pagan symbol of the rebirth of the Earth in celebrations of spring and was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus.
The oldest tradition is to use a dyed or painted chicken eggs, but a modern custom is to substitute chocolate eggs, or plastic eggs filled with confectionery such as jelly beans.
These eggs are often hidden, allegedly by the Easter Bunny, for children to find on Easter morning. Otherwise, they are generally put in a basket filled with a real or artificial straw to resemble a bird's nest.
- The ancient Zoroastrians started the tradition of painting eggs for their New Year celebration that falls on Spring Equinox, The Tradition has existed for 2,500 years.
- is a character depicted as rabbit bringing easter egg, He Brings basket filled with colored eggs, candy and also toys to the homes of children on the night before Easter, He is a counterpart of Santa Claus.
Easter Egg Traditions:
- is a game were different sizes and colors of eggs are hidden for children to find When the hunt is over, prizes may be given for the largest number of eggs collected, or for the largest or the smallest egg.
- The winner is the holder of the last intact egg. The losers get to eat their eggs. The annual egg jarping world championship is held every year over Easter in Peterlee Cricket Club. It is also practiced in Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Lithuania, Lebanon, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, and other countries.
- is also a traditional Easter egg game played with eggs at Easter. In England, Germany, and other countries children traditionally rolled eggs down hillsides at Easter
- is a traditional Easter game in which eggs are laid on the ground or floor and the goal is to dance among them without damaging any eggs
Pace Egg Plays
- are traditional village plays, with a rebirth theme. The drama takes the form of a combat between the hero and villain, in which the hero is killed and brought to life.
Join us on facebook for exclusive deals and prizes.
"My Life is Beautiful"