The state-of-the-art masterpiece is a creation of Mr. Hirst which is rather described as outrageous in its demands (not least a $100m price tag), daring in conception and execution, flamboyantly showy, but as piercingly accurate in its attaching of our thoughts and feelings about wonders of birth and life, death, art and wealth.
Said masterpiece is housed on Jay Jopling's new London gallery, White Cube Mason's Yard. Jay Jopling gave the creation an extravagant unveiling and the “For the Love of God” was displayed like a prized relic in a luxurious casket, in this new temple to contemporary art.
(3) The skull, almost half ready, minus the denture part
(4) Pave Setting the diamonds on the subject
(5) Putting details on each of the parts.
(6) Almost done with the masterpiece.
(7) Setting the pear-shape, loose diamond as the centerpiece.
(8) Adding details on the centerpiece.
(9) Furnishing and perfecting details on the centerpiece
Combined with a unique plan, careful calculation, and artistic procedure, diamonds indeed makes a creation more elegant, extravagant, one-of-a-kind, precious and eternal.